Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Journaling - Nov 10

Yesterday I started my Interpersonal Communication course. My teacher Mintie is getting us to journal a page double spaced monday to friday. So I've decided to blog my journal articles.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, November 10, 2008 was not an easy day for me. Sunday was the one year anniversary of my fathers passing. On Monday at nine we were supposed to have a speaker coming from palliative care. My heart felt allot lighter when I found out that they weren’t coming any more. I have dealt with death and dying through being a health care aide (HCA) in a personal care home (PCH). I have also taken palliative care in the past for my HCA course. It is just the significance of the Sunday and the week to come. I didn’t know exactly what to expect, I knew it would be hard but I was not quite sure on how I would be affected. My boyfriend of nearly a year and his family were an incredible support. I have two sisters that I just spoke to on the phone on Sunday. My mom planned a wedding shower for my oldest sister on the afternoon of the ninth. I know my Dad would not have cared if I was at the wedding shower for my sister that was just something I didn’t want to do. I talked to both my sisters; Jenn and Viola on the phone which was nice.

Back to my morning of the 10th I was trying to listen to the speaker that did show up about elder abuse. I had other things clouding my mind; my father, exam and new course I was going to be starting. My introduction to Leisure exam went very well. I believe I will receive a very good mark. Starting my new class was not nearly as overwhelming as I thought it would be. I am excited for it now because it seems very interactive. I want to develop my communication skills. I understand the importance of clear communication and I am excited in the further knowledge I will gain about communication through this course. It is something so important in our role as recreation facilitators. When class was finished I was surprised that two hours gone by so fast. I live with my grandma so when I got home I visited with her. I ate, did a bit of homework in the evening and retired early for a good night sleep.

No comments: